Saturday, March 12, 2016

Welcome To The Jefferson Racing News Blog

Welcome to the Jefferson Racing News blog.  This blog will cover racing in the area of what would be the proposed 51st state of Jefferson, ranging from tracks between Roseburg, Oregon and Marysville, California  and everywhere in between.

You may be aware of my other blog site, DCRR Racing News, which has been around for ten years, and the fact that I published a racing magazine for 18 years before that.  I grew up in racing at Antioch Speedway and covered many other tracks, including Merced, Chowchilla, Watsonville, Orland and more.

Having moved up to Oregon to take on publicity duties at Southern Oregon Speedway, it was not my desire to make a dramatic change with the other blog.  In fact, I still intend to add new content to that site covering the tracks that have been a part of that site for years.  I rebranded that site and am considering the return of The DCRR in printed form once again.

However, in looking at the "Jefferson Region" when it comes to racing, I realize there is some good racing happening here, but publicity is seriously lacking.  So, people don't know what is going on.  Southern Oregon Speedway is a prime example of that.  It's a great racing facility, but we need to spread the word.  I look at Siskiyou Motor Speedway in Yreka, tracks in Susanville and Hayfork and other places and think the same thing.  We need to spread the word.

I will be doing what I can to help the cause, and weekly race reviews for Southern Oregon Speedway and Siskiyou Motor Speedway are in my plans.  The JRN concept is still evolving, and I don't even know where it's going.  I will probably cross post between blog sites as I get started, but I want to help promote racing in this region more.  I will also use audio and will post articles and photos from any budding writers for these tracks who wish to be a part of this, including full "By Line" credit.

This is not about me.  It's about the sport and trying to help grow it bigger and stronger than it is.  I don't want these tracks to be overlooked, and my intent is to at least put a little information on places like Quincy, Susanville, Hayfork and other tracks that lack publicity in this region when I can.  I also know that I will be busy, so I will have to see how this will work going forward.  In the meantime, I will do my best.  I hope you enjoy the articles.

Next up is a little column about the things I hope to accomplish at Southern Oregon Speedway.  I wrote it a few days before I moved up here.